Behold, the pillar of Lancaster: The Greist Building. This “sky scraper”, 14 stories of granite, limestone, terra-cotta, synthetics and asphalt, stands, vigilant over the farmlands of Lancaster County. The second tallest building in Lancaster, behind the new Lancaster County Convention Center, serves many purposes: offices, cell phone tower and frequent bird hangout.
The cream color of the building becomes very photo genetic as the sun sets. The sun’s setting rays light the building up to a vibrant gold. Contrasted with the deep blue of twilight, the building is extremely photogenic. On this particular day, swarms of birds were circling the upper stories of the Greist building. Although the Greist building is not much of a sky scraper, it’s a fundamental part of Lancaster and deserves praise from all. Enjoy.
The streets are hard. The steel is harder. Time spent in the steel city makes one tough. Especially when chillen at places like “Mexican War Streets,” the HQ of former Crips and of course “Nicky’s Thai.”
Thanks to everyone for a great time at the Meat Locker. A few stats on the shin dig:
- Collectively we drank approxiametly 300 Beers, 3 Handles of Liquor, One 4Loco, 3 cans of frozen juice concentrate and 2 bottles of Giant Branded Tonic Water.
- We chowed down on 3 bags of tortilla chips, 5 carrots, 3 celery stalks, and one container of veggie dip.
- There were around 40-5o people in attendance
Another fun aspect of big parties is the amount stuff people leave behind. Here is a break down of some things I’ve found:
- One blind man’s cane
- One bottle of SPF 60 sunscreen
- One Gap Jacket
- One Resume
- One Bag of Cheetos
- One air pump for a fat man’s suit
- a random glove
Stay tuned for the next party which will be “Christmess at the Meetlocker.” Can you say Bad Santa themed?